To provide quality leadership for Journey Middle School Students through vision and care.
Student Ministry Responsibilities
- Lead, shepherd, inspire, coach, and develop the Student Coordinators / Small Group Leaders.
- Communicate and create clarity around the core values and strategies of Journey
- Reinforce a positive volunteer culture within Student Ministry.
- Plan programming elements for service execution.
- Help schedule stage communicators for services.
- Handle weekly communications for students, leaders, and parents (texts, socials, emails)
- Meet with a group of students monthly. (student leadership group)
- Assist workflows for volunteer recruitment and training,
- Scheduling team members weeks at a time and confirming attendance through PCO.
- Ensure supplies, and environments are ready.
- Run volunteer background checks and records are current and up-to-date in databases.
- Assist assimilation process for students and Dream Team.
- Participate in Small Group Leader training
- Champion parent partnerships and parent communication with small group leaders.
- Steward expenses and ministry budget.
- Evaluate environments and ensure excellence in everything that takes place (the appearance, care of the families & volunteers, and all of the programming).
- Connect with students and recruit adults in the lobby on Sunday mornings s
- Promote student ministry events
- Influence a Middle School club through First Priority (school campuses)
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate follower of Jesus.
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within Journey Church.
- Experience in organizing multiple people.
- Organized; flexible; able to Multitask.
- Strong oral & written skills.
- Strong interpersonal people skills.