About This Role
The RL Kids Director is responsible for providing direction and leadership for the Real Life Kids Ministry (birth through 5th grade) positioning the ministry to align with the overall mission, vision and values of Real Life Church.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks
• Help communicate the Lead Pastor’s vision to staff, leaders, the church & beyond
• Implement age-appropriate curriculum to encourage spiritual formation and growth.
• Develop a strategy that integrates what the children are learning at church with tools the parents can use at home.
• Create a weekly, high energy grade school experience that is fun, engaging, but also spiritually valuable.
• Cultivate an inviting atmosphere for children to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
• Develop and lead a robust Kids Ministry volunteer team including recruiting, developing, resourcing and consistent coaching; one that initiates new volunteers and continues the training and education of all volunteers on a regular basis.
• Ensure every volunteer knows proper protocols that will ensure child safety, classroom management, and working with families on disciplinary issues.
• Ensure all classrooms at each gathering are equipped with trained lead teachers and support volunteers.
• Fully staff welcoming and competent check-in volunteers.
• Constantly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the check-in system and security of all children’s areas.
• Lead Sunday morning programming through leading volunteer huddles, greeting families, teaching classes when necessary, and troubleshooting.
• Promote the development of community outside of the Sunday morning experience, coordinating and implementing mid-week activities and programs, Vacation Bible School, summer camp, fall festivals, and other family events. Plan and regularly execute attractive, entry level events that Real Life kids and families can invite their friends to that kids and families can be introduced to Real Life.
• Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies, purchasing supplies as needed.
• Work with Student Ministry to assimilate graduating kids into the next stage of ministry and clearly communicate the process with their parents.
• Execute a family communication strategy to align and resource parents in the discipleship of their kids.
• Coordinate childcare for all ministry programs and church events that require childcare.
• Maintain the Kids Ministry budget, organized records, ministry files, and databases (Planning Center Online).
• Other duties as assigned.