Living Hope Church
Elk Grove Village, IL
Weekly Attendance: 350
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
The Role: Children's Pastor
Meet Living Hope Church:
Living Hope Church is a place where people can meet Jesus and engage in life-giving community. Everyone is welcome. We believe in creating a space where people can have authentic encounters with Christ, discover their gifts, and use them for God's glory.
In the year of 1951, a group in Chicago made up largely of young people, came together and decided that it was the will of God for them to establish an English-speaking church into which they could bring other young people. Their parent’s church conducted services only in Italian. A short time after that a small, brick church building was purchased on Kildare Avenue. This infant church prayed, played, and worked together. They loved to worship and were excited about evangelism. Many of the original members were related, which may in part account for the close relational warmth that has always been part of the Elbethel, now Living Hope, tradition.
Fast forward to today, Living Hope Church is full of rich history that has truly shaped who they are today. This story has much more to be written and they are trusting God for incredible Kingdom impact as they continue to Love God, Love People, and Serve Both!
About the Children's Pastor:
The Family and Children’s Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through 5th grade. This includes curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management necessary to ensure successful, continuously improving weekend children’s services and special events. This position will report to the Associate Pastor and will collaborate daily with the rest of the Living Hope Team. The Family and Children’s Pastor will work to support/complement the overarching vision of Living Hope – to Love God, Love People, and Serve Both.
The Children's Pastor Responsibilities Include:
- To oversee the Children’s Ministry at Living Hope Church. This includes oversight for other paid departmental staff and interns (If added in the future).
- Cast vision for and program the church’s Nursery/Infant Ministry, Preschool Ministry, and Elementary Ministry to reach each child on their level.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for children’s Christian education program that is part of the church’s weekend service schedule.
- Evangelism - Share the love of Jesus with the children of our church and community.
- Growth - a goal to see every child actively growing in their faith.
- To oversee the Children’s Ministry Team, volunteers, and interns by enlisting, training, resourcing, and encouraging.
- To encourage and motivate the children in a growing commitment and connection to the body of Christ and an expanding contribution to the mission of Christ.
- Encourage, support, and develop families to disciple their children at home.
- To make decisions on the most effective programs to impact our children.
- To annually develop and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunities.
What You Bring:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Family and Children’s Pastor:
Education & Experience
- 5+ years experience as staff in children’s ministry leadership
- Degree in teaching or related field, required
- Extensive ministry experience may substitute
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to administer as department head
- Communication skills
- Understands children’s developmental patterns
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Strong leader with a solid work ethic
- Passion for teaching children about God
- Working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events
What it's Like to Live in Elk Grove, Illinois:
Living in Elk Grove, Illinois offers its residents the opportunity to experience a tight community feel with direct access to big-city amenities about thirty minutes away in Chicago. It’s a unique suburban area with various dining, shopping, and entertainment options. There’s a great park district nearby and other attractions for young families.
Other nearby places include Schaumburg, Palatine, and Elgin. All of these areas are great locations for families to live, visit, and explore. There are highly-ranked schools, family-friendly atmospheres, and plenty of opportunities to participate in outdoor activities. This is a beautiful place to raise a family and an excellent place to call home.