About Skyline Church
Skyline Church was founded in 1955 by a small community of men and women who saw themselves as family and people who could overcome anything. Decades later, Skyline has become an influential church in San Diego, continuing to impact the community and world. Under the leadership of Lead Pastor Dr. Jeremy McGarity, Skyline is a church on mission to boldly proclaim the transformational love of Jesus, stand firmly on the truth of God’s Word, and mobilize believers to intentionally share their faith with those in their personal communities. In 2021, Skyline launched the 10/10/10 campaign, mobilizing the church to see 10 churches reach 10,000 people in the next 10 years.
The High School Pastor provides leadership and spiritual care for Skyline Church’s ministry to High School students (grades 9 through 12) and their families, partnering with parents to build disciples of the next generation. This person will commit to creating an exciting, fun, challenging, and growing ministry that engages all high school students. He or she will develop a vision and infrastructure for this area that aligns with Skyline’s ministry strategies and philosophy. They will join a highly collaborative team of servants who regularly follow the biblical model of sacrifice by putting the needs of others in front of their own.
- Cast vision for a healthy ministry consistent with Skyline Church’s mission, vision, and values of helping students “Find and Follow Jesus Seven Days a Week.”
• Develop and lead environments, activities, and programming that will enable and encourage spiritual growth in the High School students with a focus on Tuesday Nights.
• Maintain and continue to develop our strategy for communicating with students and families.
• Lead and develop relationships with local school leadership and be seen on campuses and at community events.
• Recruit, equip, develop, and encourage a highly-engaged team of volunteers and leaders who lead SkyHigh.
• Implement a strategy to assimilate students and families into the life of the church (Specifically to serve on Sunday morning).
• Meet with students and families to talk with and give counsel on life, faith, etc.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- Self Starter: Has a continued pursuit of excellence without being told what to do.
- Experienced: Able to leverage the knowledge of personal experience to implement proven strategies that will work in Skyline’s unique context.
- Passionate: Is a hands-on leader who can get into the details with passion and motivation.
- Team Player: Has a collaborative approach, seeking to include others and build bridges.
- Teachable: Being open-handed to learning how things are done in different ways.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
SkyHigh, the High School Ministry at Skyline Church, is a stable and healthy ministry to High School students. Skyline is looking for the “next” High School Pastor who can stand on the current foundation and build a remarkable ministry that will impact teenagers for years to come. Skyline is a wonderful church in the beautiful San Diego area with a legacy of leadership and ministry impact. Skyline has a healthy staff culture – the highly energized team is motivated to win! The next Children’s Pastor will join an amazing Next Gen ministry team that is currently managing rapid growth!