About Prestonwood Church
Prestonwood Baptist Church’s mission statement begins with a desire to Glorify God by introducing Jesus Christ as Lord to as many people as possible…and that is what the heart of this church has been since it was started in 1977. In 1989, Dr. Jack Graham accepted the call to be the Lead Pastor, and he still continues in this role today. Located in Plano, Texas, on 140 acres of land, the church is thriving with 47,000 members across three campuses.
Plano is a short drive from Dallas and is, therefore, an area known for sports! Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, Stars, and FC Dallas. Second to sports is shopping, food, and really, really good BBQ. There is also a strong culture with parents in the area to involve their kids in extracurricular activities…fine arts, sports, academics, and more. Every autumn, Plano hosts the world-famous Hot Air Balloon Festival.
Prestonwood Church is looking for its next team member to join the staff as the Special Needs Director for the Plano Campus. The best person for this role will be a team player. One who can continue to build on the established foundation at the Plano campus while keeping the ministry cohesive with the vision of the Global Special Needs Director and the North Campus ministry. As a team player, this person will need to be hands-on, demonstrating what the expectations are for staff and volunteers, not just a director/administrator type. Beyond Sunday opportunities, AWANA mid-week, Prom in the spring, and other events like Parents night out are a part of the support Prestonwood provides for the families in the Special Friends ministry.
The desire for the special needs community to be connected, resourced, and supported is a special calling for the Special Needs Director. This role should be an advocate not only to the families already attending Prestonwood but also to those families unreached in the community. Being knowledgeable on resources and best practices and nurturing the families through utilizing the resources.
- Implement a ministry plan, under the cooperation and direction of the Global Special Needs Director, to include a number of classes, arrangement of classes, participant groupings, teacher staffing, and curriculum
- Recruit, train and develop Special Needs workers and participate in the process of interviewing for hire
- Enlist volunteers for the Special Needs ministry and grow the ministry team
- Ensure Ministry Safe processes are followed
- Educate and train ministry leaders and volunteers to create an inclusive environment that supports the needs of all Special Friends within the ministries of Prestonwood
- Evaluate program and changes to grow the ministry more effectively on an ongoing basis
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior as a member of Prestonwood Baptist Church
- College degree preferred
- Joyful passion for the Special Needs ministry
- Experience working with special needs children and adults
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work weekends and evenings
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
Special Friends at Prestonwood Church ministers to children, students, and adults, focusing on the unique strengths of each individual to allow for spiritual growth. The ultimate goal is that they may come to know Jesus Christ. They cherish their special needs families and have established a support group for fellowship and the exchange of information, ideas, and resources. Prestonwood Special Friends wants to come alongside our special needs families and partner with them in ministry and life and are blessed to serve families with special needs from throughout the North Texas region.