About Church at Rancho Bernardo
In 1990 a small Bible study with just two couples led to a dream to reach the people of the North County Inland area with the Gospel. The home study grew, and new space was needed, so the group rented space in a warehouse. In 2000, after outgrowing the warehouse space, the congregation generously raised $4.5 million in pledges to purchase a Theater in Rancho Bernardo.
Today, the church is excited about its next chapter, where they believe they are moving into a season where their vision and mission are aligned toward deeper discipleship. They believe God will raise leaders who will go first as Christ did into their families, workplace, community, and the world. The Church at Rancho Bernardo (CRB) feels like they’re on the brink of something God-sized.
This Student Pastor role will oversee all those in grades 6-12. However, the primary (direct) responsibility will be with the High School (9-12) students. This person will play point for two other staff members (MS Director and Student Coordinator) to run the playbook for the growing Student Ministries.
- Has a “team first” mentality versus a “my department first” mentality.
- Shows up with professionalism and stewards a God-honoring work ethic.
- Over communicates with supervisors, direct reports, and fellow staff members.
- Provide communication to parents via social media, website, email, and texting services
- Manage high school budget
- Collaborate with other ministries of the church as needed (i.e., other NextGen ministries, creative team, etc.)
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- A strong candidate will have a bachelor’s (and a Master’s is preferred).
- The ideal candidate has a few years of experience leading High School students and a team.
- The best candidate will have a winsome personality with parents and look to partner well with them.
- This person should be a gifted communicator and be able to inspire as they teach God’s Word.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
I love what drives Church at Rancho Bernardo. This is a group of people who understand they need to be transformed by the work of Jesus so they can be Good Neighbors to those in RB. I am excited for the new Student Pastor to get here and partner with a staff who will not only encourage but step in when needs arise. They are FOR each other, and they BELIEVE in each other.