About The Rock Church
The Rock Church was born as a dream in the hearts of a handful of people in the late 1990s. In 2005 Eric Samuelson accepted God’s call to become Senior Pastor of The Rock Church. It wasn’t long before this congregation of about 75 people began to grow. This small church family began to discover its calling and identity as believers focused on honoring Jesus, intentional personal spiritual growth, service, and outreach. Church life was consistently marked by inspiring worship, relevant teaching, excellent children’s programs, small groups, and community connection events. The church was vibrant on Sundays and weekdays.
The years since 2017 have brought some significant steps toward greater spiritual maturity for this young church. This church body is reconnecting, reaching new families, celebrating many first-time baptisms, and looking forward to a future built on this firm foundation with a strong vision, leadership, and passion for reaching Maine with the Gospel.
Students & Young Adults Ministry exists to disciple students and young adults to encounter, embrace and embody the radical love of God while also equipping families to do the same.. Spiritual Development/Discipleship of students and young adults will be the #1 priority. The Students & Young Adults Pastor will develop and execute the ministry vision, strategies, tactical elements and evaluate the ministry’s effectiveness. There are currently three major age groupings within the ministry: middle school, high school, and young adult.
- Own the Vision: Be the champion and primary voice of an infectious ministry vision carrying it to the staff, team members, parents, and the entire church.
- Develop Parent Partnerships: Develop strategies and tools to support, train, and equip parents as the primary source of discipleship for their students.
- Lead the Ministry: Build and execute an integrated strategy that connects students deeply to God, their peers, and adult mentors.
- Lead the Team: Recruit, equip, and coach volunteers and staff and develop a coaching plan for each.
- Grow the Ministry: Add team members to the team, help students invite their friends, connect new families to the ministry and the church, and see the impact of the ministry grow.
- Event Coordination: Lead, execute and evaluate ministry events throughout the year that support the ministry’s overall vision in each age group.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- A “Get After It” Leader-of-Leaders: The focus for this leader will be to develop a discipleship system where Students and Young Adults not only are discipled but also learn how to disciple the next group coming up.
- Intentional Team Builder: The Rock is developing a leadership culture that isn’t afraid to invite talented, gifted people into the adventure of working together with God in our adventure.
- Relationally Driven Influencer: The Students & Young Adults Pastor will need to lead the way in establishing open, trusting, meaningful, heartfelt, sacrificial relationships with students, families, teams, and leaders in and through The Rock Church.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
Set in one of the most beautiful corners of the nation, The Rock Church in Scarborough, Maine, just outside of Portland, has seen almost unprecedented reach and growth into one of the most unchurched parts of the United States. The Students & Young Adults Pastor will have the blessing of inheriting a winner and taking it into the next season of life & fruitfulness!