About Trinity Covenant Church
Trinity Covenant Church is a church for our city that pursues God and His passion for people through a gospel movement starting in Manchester, our communities, and then the world. Pastor Peter has brought a new vision to Trinity to transition the church from a single church location to a multiplying, multi-site church planting movement beginning in Manchester and then throughout the Hartford Metro area and beyond.
Trinity Covenant Church is seeking a passionate, gifted, and experienced minister to serve as Family Pastor. This person will oversee children’s and youth ministries to help shape disciples of Jesus today and into the future. This person will also serve as an associate to the Pastor.
- Champion the next generation of our church by effectively ministering to our families with a focus on families with children in eighth grade and younger.
- Work with children volunteers and the youth ministry team to develop an effective strategy to intentionally grow younger as a congregation as we effectively disciple our families and children and engage with our community to invite them to journey in discovering Jesus and His gospel.
- Develop, implement, and lead our teaching ministry for our children on our Sunday mornings, including Sunday school and Confirmation classes (grades 7-8).
- Organize and participate in summer and winter retreats, summer vacation bible school, and various community projects for children and families.
- Minister in the broader congregational life and ministry of Trinity Covenant Church in fellowship, discipleship, and shepherding under the guidance of our Senior Pastor, which includes being involved in Sunday Worship services, including preaching and other pastoral responsibilities as the opportunity arises.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- A committed Christian who seeks to actively grow in their faith and help others to do likewise.
- A person of high character who is a team player.
- Has the heart of a teacher and a willingness to help others know, love, and follow Jesus.
- An emotionally healthy person.
- Communicates well in person and through digital platforms.
- A lifelong learner who seeks to improve and develop their capacity for ministry.
- A college degree is preferred but not necessary.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
Trinity Covenant Church is looking for a Family Pastor to oversee multiple ministries that are core to the church’s growth strategy. They will have the opportunity to continue developing leaders and ministries while serving as an associate to the Pastor.