Youth Ministry Assistant – Liberty United Methodist Church
Status: Part Time – 5-10 hours a week
Direct Report: Youth Director
Liberty United Methodist Church is seeking an individual with a passion for young people to aid in the leadership of our Youth Ministry. Our ministry is still rebounding from the pandemic, and in doing so, we have just begun to establish a new direction and new mission for our students. Over the 2022 calendar year we have hired a new full time youth ministry director and come to realize that we would benefit from extra leadership and direction from another qualified and energetic person that has a desire to be hands on with young people in the church.
The Youth Ministry Assistant would be responsible for assisting the Youth Director. Their primary role will consist of being a secondary leader to the overall youth group, and one that can help in the planning and logistical work of prepping for major events and Sunday Night Services and helping to develop relationships and disciple students. Other responsibilities might include leading when the Youth Director is away and taking the lead on some youth functions and trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Youth Director in making disciples for Christ.
- Spiritually lead and invest in our students
- Help brainstorm, plan, schedule, and lead youth events throughout the year.
- Take point in leadership when the Youth Director is away.
- Help with logistical prep for services and larger group events
- Other duties that suit your passions and talents
The Person We’re Looking For:
- Likes being around and spending time with students and parents
- Has ideas and a passion for developing ideas on how to reach a new generation
- Wants to take ownership of a ministry and help turn it into something that thrives
- Likes the idea of working at a job that is always different day to day.
- Wants to work someplace to learn about ministry and working with students.
- At least High School Graduate or GED
- A desire to work with young people
- Some administrative and computer skills
- An outgoing and energetic personality
- The ability to work both remote and in person when necessary
- A willingness to learn new things
Extra Consideration for...
- Those with music leadership or worship leadership skills, people with that type of experience could be considered for a larger position with joint responsibilities for much more pay.
- Those with Youth Ministry experience, or experience working in youth ministry in either an administrative or leadership role.
- Those with a desire to take part in teaching/leading youth lessons or taking point on larger and longer youth trips and overnight events.