About Grace Church
God’s story of faithfulness to all who have called Grace Church home over the past six decades began in 1958. A community of believers was drawn together and called Milo Nussbaum to be their Senior Pastor. Grace Church was planted as a part of the Evangelical Mennonite Church — now the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches. In the years to follow, the Word of God was preached, lives were transformed, missionaries were supported and sent out, and four church plants were started.
As the church began to outgrow its building, church leadership began praying about pursuing new land and facilities to continue supporting the church’s growing ministries. In 1998, they had the opportunity to purchase a tract of land on the edge of town. Then, in 2006, Grace Church held its first worship services in its current facility. Over the decades since its establishment, God has continued to honor the preaching of His Word and the ministry of His church. Missionaries around the world — in part supported by the family at Grace — continue to serve God and share the Gospel. God’s transforming work in the community of Morton and the surrounding towns continues - as they celebrate multiple times a year during their Family Life Sundays, as they see in the regular meetings of small groups, and as is evidenced in the discipling of generations of young and old.
Grace Church is looking for a pastor who is passionate about discipling students and pastoring families. Grace has a history of taking care of its leaders and empowering volunteers. If you’re looking to join a healthy ministry with a connected and deep-rooted community, then this is the role for you.
- Oversee, lead and support the student ministries (grades 6-12) of Grace Church
- Actively equip parents for their role in the spiritual training of students
- Partner with the deacons serving within student ministries
- Identify, equip and coach adult volunteer leaders
- Develop relationships through personal contact with students
- Creatively plan ministry opportunities & fellowship activities for students as a part of the annual ministry
- Partner with the Pastor of Missions & Outreach to identify and provide short-term missions and local outreach opportunities for the students
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- 5+ years of pastoral ministry experience in a similar role preferred
- Undergraduate degree with Bible emphasis required
- Graduate degree (or ongoing education) preferred
- Passion for student discipleship and volunteer development
- Great team player with strong relational skills
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
Grace Church is ready to welcome its next Associate Pastor of Student Ministries! This role is responsible for the leadership and oversight of all of the student ministry efforts of Grace Church. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to lead a healthy ministry with a solid involvement of students’ families and a history of longevity and growth.