About Canyon Hills Community Church
Canyon Hills Community Church (CHCC) was planted in 1995 by current Senior Pastor Steve Walker, his wife Tammi, and several close friends. With outstanding children’s and student ministries that feature corporate worship on all levels and small groups for life change, CHCC continues to reach its surrounding community for Christ.
Today, the CHCC community has grown to an average of more than 4000 people per weekend, including all age groups and nearly 200 life groups functioning throughout the week.
CHCC desires to worship and make famous the name of the one and only true God and to meet the needs of His people both around them and in over 25 countries worldwide through their weekly services, food bank, ministries to widows and single mothers, aid and assistance programs, a biblical counseling center and foreign and domestic missions.
CHCC is in a very healthy state with strong, stable leadership and direction. The church offers four engaging and identical services each Sunday morning (and early afternoon) with powerful verse-by-verse expository Bible teaching, excellent modern worship, and effective use of media and technology.
Canyon Hills looks forward to partnering with a Pastor who is PASSIONATE about life transformation in the lives of young adults (18-25). This person will oversee both the College Program (Thursday evenings and small groups) and the Young Professionals Ministry (monthly activity and weekly small groups).
- Be the primary teacher for the College Age Ministry.
- Recruit, train, and sustain the ministry volunteer base for both the college and young professionals groups.
- Spend time with young adults (mentor).
- Partner with the ministries surrounding the Young Adults department– namely Adult Small Groups and Student Ministries.
- It is likely this person will perform many marriages and do the counseling associated with this.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- The ideal candidate is going to have a few years of vocational ministry experience (likely in NextGen ministries).
- highly relational with a desire to pour into lay leadership who are serving as small group leaders. CHCC excels in the area of teaching God’s Word, it is a desire to bring in another strong teacher.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
I’m thrilled to be partnering with Canyon Hills once again! The passion CHCC has for Jesus and people is simply contagious. Being from the area and living just 45 minutes away, I hear all the time the great stuff that is happening at Canyon Hills. I’m excited to help them find the Leader who will pour into the lives of the college-age and young adult populations at CHCC and empower these young people to reach the masses in the surrounding communities.