About Marin Bible Church
Marin Bible Church is a small but growing church in the heart of Marin County, a beautiful but primarily unchurched community just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. An influx of new members and believers has breathed life back into the church over the past two years, and a sense of unity is evident. Recognized for its commitment to biblical truth, practical theology, intentional discipleship, and authentic community, MBC is drawing in an increasingly diverse population across socio-economic, ethnic, and generational divides. They’re ready to bring on a dedicated Youth Pastor that will bring catalytic leadership and direction to MBC Student Ministries (6-12th grade).
This full-time position provides overall leadership to the student ministries (6-12th grade) at Marin Bible Church. The primary responsibility of this role is to inspire, develop, align, and oversee people and programs that effectively reach, disciple, and equip teenagers as lifelong followers of the Lord Jesus Christ.
While most nearby churches experienced a decline during the pandemic, Marin Bible Church has actually grown from an average of 100 to 125+ attending weekly. It’s amazing to witness God faithfully guide the leadership and congregation through this significant season of revitalization. MBC Student Ministries is well-resourced with dedicated spaces, including a full gym, to serve scores of middle and high school students. The next Youth Pastor will be fully supported to reach, disciple, and multiply teens as followers of Christ. With so many faces and families checking out and joining MBC, there’s palpable momentum to build upon as the church reaches the next generation for Christ.
- Vision and Strategy Development: Work with MBC leadership to design and develop its student ministry approach.
- Ministry Direction, Teaching, and Care: Lead, manage, and oversee ministry to middle school and high school, ensuring that programs and systems are aligned with MBC to accomplish its mission as a church.
- Relationship Building: Prioritize building relationships and consistent communication with leaders and families involved with MBC Student Ministries.
- Strategic Alignment: Collaborate with other pastors and directors to carry out the church’s strategic initiatives to effectively accomplish the mission and vision of the church.
- Additional Responsibilities: Engage opportunities to serve in other ministry areas based on experience, passion, spiritual gifting, skills, and church need (i.e., worship arts, A/V tech, media, etc.).
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in student ministries or equivalent. Three to five years experience in youth ministry or related experience. Demonstrated commitment to continuous training and education.
- Deep devotion to growing in relationship with God as an active member of MBC as a local church. Personal devotion to study God’s word, wrestle with doctrine and teach biblical truth. A call to disciple-making ministry that reaches teenagers of all backgrounds with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to provide direction and development of a strategic, sustainable, and scalable student ministry that is aligned with MBC’s purposes as a church, as well as lead others to accomplish that vision effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, equip, and mobilize ministry staff (paid and/or volunteer) and provide oversight to healthy structures and systems.
- Servant-hearted team player that works collaboratively with church leadership, support staff, and volunteer teams as an invaluable contributor to the overall vision of MBC.
- Doctrinal unity with MBC’s statement of faith. The church is theologically conservative and complementarian.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
I’ve been partnering with Marin Bible Church since 2019. We’ve linked arms together with God to revitalize this distinct Bible-teaching, disciple-making church north of San Francisco. In 2020, I had the privilege of placing their new Associate Pastor of Family Ministries. He and the Lead Pastor, along with MBC’s lay leaders, have taken intentional steps to reach their community and are in a season of spiritual and numerical growth. I can’t wait to see who God raises up for the Youth Pastor role!