About Hurricane Community Church
Hurricane Community Church is a historic family of faith with deep roots and a lasting impact on its community. The church has experienced its share of peaks and valleys over the past century. It’s a remarkable story of how God grafted three smaller denominational churches together as one in 1917, the ministry experienced both seasons of growth and decline, and now the Lord is revitalizing this faithful church. Since God called Dan McLaughlin to step up as Lead Pastor in 2014, Hurricane Community Church has demonstrated consistent resourcefulness and tenacity. The leadership has purposely and patiently realigned multiple dimensions of the ministry in preparation for a new season of church community life and ministry impact.
Today, this historically rural church is poised for spiritual and numerical growth all around Franklin, Indiana, an up-and-coming region less than 15 minutes south of Indianapolis. Hurricane Community Church is ready to welcome a Director of Family Ministry & Outreach to lead the way in engaging the community, specifically connecting with young families. This vital role needs someone that’s wired to build something from the ground up – from strategy to start-up to sustainability – on a foundation that’s ready to realize its future.
HCC is ready to welcome aboard its first Director of Family Ministry and Outreach. They’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader who, like them, is grateful for the past and expectant for the future. Whoever steps in will have almost a blank canvas to establish a dynamic ministry for kids, students, and families in and around HCC. Whoever steps into the role will need to lead relationally, build teams, and innovate effective ways to connect with neighboring families.
- Partner with parents to be the primary spiritual influence in a family’s relationship with God.
- Provide consistent, effective leadership to the family ministry and outreach teams.
- Develop and implement effective and engaging family ministry strategy and program opportunities to invite children and students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Fill the gaps that exist in the children’s and Student ministry team and programs with the goal of identifying team members to fill them.
- Establish an effective outreach ministry strategy leading to an impactful community presence for HCC.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- Bring relational, team leadership skills to the table.
- Have a track record for building intentional, sustainable, effective ministry from the ground up.
- Appreciate Hurricane Community Church for who it is today, including the challenges of revitalization.
- Embrace life in the midwest with a desire to plant roots as an individual or family.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
I love that God is revitalizing Hurricane Community Church just south of Indianapolis. By his grace, this historic church is poised for tremendous future impact. Their next step is to bring on a Director of Family Ministry and Outreach to reach, serve, and disciple families starting with kids and students. If you’re up for creating a vibrant ministry that transforms the next generation in a growing midwest area, the leadership at HCC is ready to connect!