About Calvary Church of Pacific Palisades
This is a place where the leadership, staff, and whole church feel like family. They seek to serve one another and work arm in arm as equals to lead their congregation. They welcome all Directors to have a seat at the Leadership Table and are excited to invest in and help grow all staff and ministries. They are devoted to spiritual formation from the youngest to the oldest in their midst and are seeking to grow their impact and influence in their community.
This is more than Children’s Ministry. This is leadership of families, children, staff, and the next generation. The Director of Families and Children will grow and deepen the spiritual formation of children, parents, and grandparents through education, events, and relationships.
- Family and Children’s Ministry Oversight, Leadership & Development.
- Cast a compelling vision for effective children’s ministry in alignment with the overall mission, vision, and values of Calvary Church.
- Establish team goals and objectives.
- Connect with and influence Calvary School and lead Calvary School chapel.
- Engage children and help them come to discover and follow Jesus by executing quality weekly programming, special events, retreats, and serving activities.
- Develop an atmosphere where children and families want to bring friends and are challenged to grow in their faith.
- Partner with Student Ministry to equip and support the next generation and their families.
- Oversee Family and Children’s Ministry finances, curriculum, databases, and communications.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like
- A strong candidate will be a visionary go-getter who loves to lead and develop other leaders.
- They will be passionate about their own growth as well as the growth of the ministry.
- Team dynamics are a must because this is truly a leadership team that cares for and respects one another.
- This candidate will enjoy speaking and preaching to large groups and developing systems and structures to promote safety and growth within the organization.
- They must be comfortable around affluence and see the value of investing in families and children of the community.
What's Exciting About This Opportunity
This beautiful church is passionate about the next generation and is eager to find a visionary leader to lead families and children. There is so much freedom to be creative, lead, develop, and curate culture. The fact that there is a part-time staff in place ready to be led as well as the incredible invitation for teaching opportunities tells me that this is an amazing and unique position that a passionate leader would thrive! Add to that the ministry the church has with their private school and the leadership this position will have there as well, and this is truly a Family Ministry dream come true.